The Daily Bulletin has been published by the UNC School of Government’s Legislative Reporting Service since 1935. From its inception, it has informed legislators and state and local government officials about the daily activities of the North Carolina General Assembly. Its format has evolved to reflect changes in government and technology, moving from mimeographed hard copies mailed and delivered throughout the capital and the state to a comprehensive, interactive website available to public officials and private citizens alike.
Each Daily Bulletin summarizes activity for every legislative day and includes:
- A summary for each bill filed
- A summary for every amendment, committee substitute, and conference report adopted by the House and Senate
- A list of enacted laws and vetoed bills
- A record of the daily action taken on the floor of each chamber with respect to every bill
All bill summaries include:
- The bill number
- Short title
- Long title
- Principal sponsors
- General Statutes chapters or counties affected by the bill
- Succinct analysis of bill content or changes to the bill’s provision
The website can be found at lrs.sog.unc.edu and includes all Daily Bulletins and individual searchable summaries from 2011 to the present.